How to Stop Mosquito Bites from Itching – Mosquitos can be annoying, especially when we are not aware about them. Their existence can be noticed by their sounds, but some mosquitos are very quiet. Their bites might be itchy or even can be allergic to some people. (Read also : How to Get Rid of Mosquito Hawks from Your House)
These are some tips for you how to stop mosquito bites from itching :
- Wash up the part of your skin to sterilize it with alcohol (rubbing or wipes) or plain water to clean the bitten areas.
- Take a spoon, then steam it into hot, boiling water. Let it cool about 5 to 10 seconds, then using the hot part of the spoon, rub on the body part which you may feel itchy.
- You can also compress it with some ice cube or ice pack.
- Choose the most suitable lotion for your skin type. Make sure the ingredients don’t cause any allergic reaction to you. Some examples of the lotion ingredients are Aloe vera gel, lavender oil or tea tree oil, which may help. They can soothe your skin. However, don’t use all of the ingredients. Choose the one which suits you.
We can reduce mosquito bites itchiness using home remedies, such as:
- A bit of juicy lemon or lime, then rub it gently in the part of bitten area
- Oatmeal can be very helpful when you add a small paste from ground oatmeal with a little water
- Or also, you can try adding some honey to your affected area. It may help to relief and smooth your skin
- Apple cider vinegar also can be option. Try to soak some of the cotton ball to it, then put it over the mosquito bites
- Mix up one tablespoon of baking soda with one pint of warm water. Put on the bitten area.
Those are how to stop mosquito bites from itching tips you may want to try. Try to stay away from still water, especially when you’re in tropical regions. Never scratch, as it might damage your skin and get it infected. Avoid covering your skin so that it may be healed faster. If the tips above still do not help you, try to see your doctor as soon as possible.